Vocabulary words for CAT: Words from ‘Game of Thrones’
What can be a more interesting and exciting way of Learning vocabulary words for CAT than learning words from your favourite show!We at Wordpandit believe that learning and especially learning Vocabulary for words for CAT should be fun and as closely related to our practical life as possible. That is why we have got words from GOT!
Game of thrones is the most watched, discussed and loved show of our times.Game of thrones is filled with subtle and snarky dialogues. Creators of the show have incorporated such cliff hangers and iconic scenes throughout the series, leaving vivid imprints on every true game of thrones fan’s mind. In this article, we would exploit the same fandom and try to learn Vocabulary Words for CAT through it.
Vocabulary words for CAT: List of Words from ‘Game of Thrones’
Here is a list of vocabulary words for CAT from the show ‘Game of Thrones’
1.Grandiose:“A Dothraki wedding without at least three deaths is considered a dull affair”, is apt to describe Khal’s wedding with denarys. Grandiose is used to describe an event that is Extravagant or imposing in appearance and style.
2. Bellicose:“Winter is coming”- one of the most iconic dialogues of the series, these words is one of warning and constant vigilance against the great war, “coming of winter”. It is a bellicose statement as it demonstrates willingness to fight and aggression against the unknown.
3. Intrepid:“Fire cannot kill a dragon” says khaleesi. Her portrayal throughout the show has been nothing short of extraordinary. It would be suffice to say that she is intrepid, which means she is fearless in her conduct and actions vouch for that.
4. Combat:“I knew I will not get justice here. I demand a trial by combat” says tyrion during his mistrial for joffery’s murder. Instead of letting the jury decide, Tyrion takes the risk of going through a fight to prove his innocence.Combat means a fight or battle between armed forces.
5. Opprobrious:“Your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth”, this opprobrious remark was the highlight of the conversation that takes place between tyrion and cersei. Opprobrious is an adjective which is used to express scorn and criticism.
6. Ambidextrous: Had Jamie not lost his hand during the battle and if he were capable of fighting with both his hands than Jamie would have been ambidextrous, someone who is able to use his right and left hands equally well.
7. Probity: “The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword”, one of the most iconic dialogues from Eddard Stark, his unswerving probity, the quality of having strong moral principles, honesty and decency is immensely appreciated in fans.
8. Flabbergasted:“Hodor!”, Hodor is simple minded and he is only capable of saying one word. We often find ourselves in situations where we are so flabbergasted; in a state of shock and astonishment, that we find ourselves dumbstruck and short on words.
We hope this article on Vocabulary Words for CAT will help you learn words in a fun way. Do lookout for more such upcoming lists on our website!