- Reading comprehension involves a proof reading of a passage of about 300 – 1000 words and answering the questions that follow.
- RC forms an important part of the verbal ability section. This section mainly focuses on to check the ability to understand the language and the underlying concept of the passage. The main focus should be to have a good command over the language as well as time management.
- Make sure you attempt these passage on a regular basis and with complete seriousness.
- Read the passage below and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Get Results’ button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
China lodged a strong diplomatic protest against its long-term strategic ally and neighbor North Korea, after three Chinese were shot and killed by border troops. Foreign Ministry spokesperson Qin Gang said that Beijing had lodged a formal diplomatic complaint with Pyongyang over the incident, in a rare public criticism of North Korea from its only international ally. “On the morning of June 4, some residents of Dandong city of Liaoning province were shot by DPRK [Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, as the North is officially known] border guards on suspicion of crossing the border for trade activities, leaving three dead and one injured”, said Mr. Qin. After the incident, China attached great importance to it and immediately raised solemn representations to the DPRK. The shooting, which also left one person injured, was first reported over, “the weekend by the North Korea Intellectuals Solidarity, a group of defectors based in Seoul, South Korea. The group said, “the three Chinese were traders who were trying to smuggle copper into China”. Chinese officials did not verify this claim, and said investigations into the incident were still progressing. Recent months have seen some signs of discord between the long-term allies, with China coming under increasing international pressure to take action against North Korea over an attack on a South Korean warship. Following the March 26 sinking of the Cheonan warship, which left 46 sailors dead, South Korea and the West have been calling for strong sanctions against North Korea.
Reading Comprehension: Passage 8
trying to smuggle copper out of China
trying to smuggle copper to South Korea
not trying to smuggle copper into China
may be trying to smuggle copper into China
communism and radical ideology