CAT Vocabulary Words:Words based on the show ‘The Crown’
Developing a good vocabulary takes time and effort. And this effort has to become more intense when you are trying to learn CAT vocabulary words and also words for other competitive exams.To do this reading and checking up every unfamiliar word in the dictionary might sound old fashioned but is highly effective. But this way of learning CAT Vocabulary words is not everyone’s cup of tea. Watching a TV- Series is an interesting way to start if you want to learn new words but wish to keep yourself entertained as well.
Perhaps you’ve tried watching English news broadcasts and full length English movies. If so, then you’re in the right direction to improve your comprehension skills. In this article we’ll go through some of the words we can learn from “The Crown”. It’s a Netflix series which focuses on Queen Elizabeth II as a 25-year-old newlywed faced with the daunting prospect of leading the world’s most famous monarchy. The show is a biographical story about the reign of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom. In this Article we have handpicked CAT vocabulary words from this show.
CAT Vocabulary Words:List of words based on the show ‘The Crown’
Here is a list of CAT vocabulary words based on the show ‘The Crown’
1. Renounce:Formally declare one’s abandonment of (a claim, a right, or a possession). Prince Philip who later weds Queen Elizabeth renounced his Greek Nationality and all other foreign titles to become a Lieutenant in the Royal Navy.
2. Highness: a title given to a person of royal rank, or used in addressing them.
3. Pneumatics: The branch of physics or technology concerned with the mechanical properties of gases.To draw attention to the King, father of Queen Elizabeth as he was a smoker.
4. Conspicuously:In a clear visible way.
5. Sovereign: A supreme ruler, especially a monarch. As a sovereign the king/queen invites the party whosoever wins the election to form the government which is the effective leader of the nation.
6. Rouge:A red powder or cream used as a cosmetic for colouring the cheeks and lips.
7. Statesmanship: Skill in managing public affairs.As depicted in the show, Winston Churchill remained adamant about his stature as the Prime Minister and believed that only he had the statesmanship and the valor to lead the country aptly.
8. Monarchical: Ruled by or having the supreme power resting with the monarch.
9. Line of succession: The order in which members of a certain family are expected to succeed one another in some official position.Queen Elizabeth II succeeded her father, the king when she became the Queen.
10. Pageantry: A elaborate and extravagant ceremony. Any royal event commiserating or celebrating something of significance.
11. Queen Consort: The wife of the reigning King.
12. Queen dowager: The widow of a king.
13. Regnant:Exercising power or authority.
14. Reign:The dominion of a monarch.
15. Reigning: Exercising power or authority.
16. Titular: Existing in name only.
17. Coronation: A royal ceremony in which a new monarch is installed.
18. Abbey:A church or building associated with a monastery.
19. Visage: Face of a human.
20. Hymn: A religious song.
21. Archbishop: Bishop of the highest rank.
22. Hoof:An animal’s foot.
23. Trot: Ride at a gait faster than a walk.
24. Eulogy: A formal expression of praise for someone who has died.
We hope this CAT Vocabulary words article based on the words from the show “The Crown” will help you learn words in a fun way. Do lookout for more such upcoming lists on our website!