Want to know more about CAT Notification, CAT Eligibility, CAT Exam Dates and CAT Registration Process for CAT 2017?
Read on! This detailed article will cover all the relevant details related to CAT 2017 and its Notification.
Biggest Surprise of CAT 2017 Notification: The Exam is scheduled for 26 November, 2017.
Well, the CAT test administrators have truly picked one out of the bag. They have scheduled the exam for 26 November, 2017. Earlier this week, IIFT declared the same date as its exam date as well. This has truly bewildered all and I am sure you must be struggling to come to terms with this fact as well.
Our view of the situation: Do not panic, do not over-analyse. Stay calm.
Remember, the situation is the same for everyone and the test-taking authorities will have to come up with a solution for this. We can hope that the two test-taking agencies resolve this issue and make sure that none of you has to miss either of the tests.
Management is an enticing career for a huge number of graduates in our country, about 2 Lakh to be precise! That is the number of students who took the CAT exam last year for about 4000 seats in IIMs. The lure of the corporate world gets hoards of students to this gateway called Common Admission Test or CAT. CAT is conducted by the IIMs on a rotational basis and its score is used by IIMs and over 100 other coveted B-Schools all over the country. CAT is one of the most dynamic MBA entrance exams in the country and is known to give surprises to the test takers by changing its pattern very often. It is an online exam.
Following are the relevant details regarding the conducting body, important dates, eligibility and registration process related to CAT 2017:
CAT 2017: Conducting Body
This year, CAT will be conducted by IIM Lucknow. CAT 2017 notification will be released on the fourth Sunday of July 2017. CAT 2017 is to be conducted on 26 November, 2017. A notification on the official website of IIM Lucknow, inviting bids for advertising services states, “IIM L, the CAT centre for 2017, invites bid for providing advertising services for CAT 2017 from June 23 till August 7, 2017…” CAT 2016 was conducted by IIM Bangalore and CAT 2015 by IIM Ahmadabad.
CAT 2017: Important Dates
|Notification Release||29 July, 2017|
|Registration Starts||9 August, 2017|
|Registration Ends||20 September , 2017|
|Issue of Admit Card||18 October to 26 Nov, 2017|
|Date of Exam||26 November, 2017|
|Declaration of Results||Second week of January, 2018|
CAT 2017: Eligibility
Following is the eligibility as mentioned on the official CAT IIM website:
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of the Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal / Registrar of their University/institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
Candidates applying should fulfill any one of the following conditions:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks*
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage*.
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage*.
* SC / ST / PWD candidates should have minimum 45%. For General and NC-OBC candidates, minimum is 50%
Basically, this means that if you are a graduate with minimum 50% marks, or have completed a professional degree like CA, CS, etc you are eligible.
Even students who are in the final year of graduation you can appear for the exam.
CAT 2017: Registration Process
To register for CAT 2017, you should follow these guidelines:
- Go to the official website of CAT at iimcat.ac.in and Register as the ‘New User’:
- As a part of CAT application form registration, you have to fill some of the basic details like your name, email id, contact number, DOB etc.
- Once you have successfully registered, you will have to log in again to the website and complete the application.
- You have to upload your Passport size photograph and signature.
- You are also required to attach and upload the other documents like: Caste certificate for (OBC-NCL, SC, ST) and PWD/DA certificate.
- Select the test center out of the given list. You are allowed to select only four centers. You could be allotted any one of these test centers.
- You can pay for the application by any of the following methods: Credit card/ debit card / DD etc.
- Once you are registered, you will receive a confirmation email on your registered email id. You can take a printout of the application form and keep it for your future reference.
- You will get you admit card by logging in using these details only, so keep them safe and handy.