Wordpandit Question of the day
Special Para-jumble TITA Question: Arrange the following sentences in the correct order.
- He was a delicate child, and the extraordinary education designed by his father was not calculated to develop and improve his physical powers.
- Mill remained delicate throughout his life, but was endowed with that intense mental energy which is so often combined with physical weakness.
- John Stuart Mill was born on 20th May 1806.
- “I never was a boy,” he says; “never played cricket.” His exercise was taken in the form of walks with his father, during which the elder Mill lectured his son and examined him on his work.
- It is idle to speculate on the possible results of a different treatment.
This is where the challenge is; let’s see how well do you perform..:)
Solution posted below. Click on the plus sign to view the solution.
Answer and Explanation
Solution: The opening sentence is this case is easy to identify: Statement C.
Statement A follows statement C as it explains the physical nature of John Stuart Mill.
This is followed by his own observations in statement D. This second sentence in D explains what kind of exercise Mills took up.
Statements E then comments that there was no other outcome possible and statement B provides the conclusion.